Purchase Order Management:
The use of a purchase order (PO) is Ball Corporation's standard policy and required method of communicating our commitment to purchase materials and services from our suppliers.
Our PO requirements facilitate a streamlined payment process for our suppliers:
- Our Suppliers are required to have a Ball purchase order prior to delivery of goods or services.
- Purchas Orders must be acknowledged prior to invoicing. Suppliers can acknowledge a PO through the Coupa Supplier Portal (CSP) by opening the purchase order and checking the 'Acknowledged' box.
- If a PO has incorrect information or a change to the PO needs to be made, request a change to the PO in the Coupa Supplier Portal (CSP).
- Ball must approve any change from the original PO prior to delivering the goods or services.
PO Delivery Methods:
Suppliers can configure how they'd like to receive POs from Ball Corporation within the Coupa Supplier Portal (CSP). Options include:
- Coupa Supplier Portal (CSP): POs will be sent throught the CSP
- Email: Coupa automatically emails POs to the email address you provided in your Supplier Questionnaire. POs will also be visible in the CSP.
- cXML: Tighter integration with Coupa allows you to receive POs from Coupa. Note usppliers will need the technical capability to support cXML invoices.
Contact our Supplier Enablement team if you have questions regarding your PO delivery method.
For information on how to view and manage POs in Coupa, visit:
View and Manage POs
PO Delivery Methods
Purchase Order Overview (video)
Request PO Changes