Standard PO Terms & Conditions
Current suppliers should log in to Coupa Supplier Portal to view Ball’s standard terms and conditions.
Suppliers can find opportunities to connect and collaborate with Ball across the entire sourcing process through the Coupa online portal.
The Coupa platform provides a secure and transparent way for suppliers to learn more about Ball’s procurement needs, submit proposals, and find opportunities to partner. Using the online portal, new and prospective Ball suppliers can:
- Identify opportunities to collaborate and learn precise information about Ball’s requirements
- Bid and compete fairly for Ball’s business by participating in eAuctions – English Reverse Auction, Dutch Reverse Auction, and RFx Events – Requests for Information (RFIs), Requests for Quotations (RFQs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs),
- Learn about Ball’s evaluation criteria – ensuring a competitive and transparent sourcing process
Link to instructions - All about Coupa Sourcing Events | Coupa Suppliers
Information specific to suppliers & subcontractors in North America
Ball requires its suppliers and subcontracts that will be working on site at Ball facilities to follow and adhere to the General Work Rules for Suppliers and Subcontractors.
Contractor compliance program (in the US and Canada)
Ball has partnered with ISN to implement a system/process that protects service providers and Ball. The ISN program ensures the right insurance is in place and that certain safety guidelines are followed in order to mitigate risk and ensure the safety of all persons working at Ball's facilities.
ISN is Ball's third party partner that specializes in contractor and information management. ISNetworld® is ISN's platform for storing contractor data, sharing industry best practices, and benchmarking peformance to ensure contractor and supplier risk is assessed and monitored.
Travel Reimbursement Guidelines
Suppliers that plan to pass travel and expenses through to Ball must ensure that such expenses align to Ball’s Travel & Expenses Policy for Ball employees and any relevant contractual provisions. Any reasonable and necessary expenses incurred by a supplier necessary for the performance of services must be preapproved in writing in advance by an authorized Ball representative. Pass through expenses to Ball will have a zero percent (0%) mark-up and supplier will submit evidence of expenses as Ball may reasonably request. Key guidelines are as follows:
- Airfare. Subject to availability, a supplier will obtain the lowest-cost, refundable, changeable, economy class, direct (or, if direct flights are unavailable, indirect) fares when traveling by air. If Ball requests in advance that a supplier purchase non-refundable and/or non-changeable tickets, Ball agrees to reimburse the supplier for any scheduled non-refundable and/or non-changeable tickets that are cancelled and/or rescheduled at Ball’s request.
- Ground Travel. Suppliers will use the most economical form of ground travel available (subject to project timing requirements), which may include personal vehicles, rental cars, airport or hotel shuttle buses, and/or taxis. Ball will not reimburse suppliers’ employees and resources living within forty-five (45) miles of Ball’s facilities for travel expenses commuting to and from Ball’s locations.
- Lodging. If available, suppliers will stay at hotels with corporate discounts. If Ball’s corporate rate is more favorable than a supplier’s corporate rate, and Ball authorizes a supplier to use Ball’s corporate rate when booking, supplier must agree to do so. The maximum reimbursable lodging expense is the room rate, plus reasonable communications charges used in the performance of services and any applicable taxes. Suppliers shall not request reimbursement of other items on their hotel bills.
- Per Diem Expenses. In lieu of actual meal expenses, a per diem rate aligned to Ball’s per diem rate for employees for business travel is applicable to suppliers unless otherwise mutually agreed upon. To qualify for a per diem allowance, a project staff member of supplier must: (A) have at least one overnight stay away from their residence; and (B) be working at least 100 miles (160 km) from both their usual place of work and residence.
Data Security Requirements
Suppliers must implement technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to protect Ball data from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, or access. Such measures shall be written and shall be updated as needed to meet legal requirements and best practices, including practices as stringent as those set out in ISO 27001 and ISO 27017) or other generally accepted authoritative standards (e.g., SSAE 16, SOC2). Supplier shall: maintain inventories of all computing equipment and media used in connection with any processing of Ball data, restrict access to such data to authorized personnel with a need to access such data, ensure separate and unique usernames with strong complexity and length requirements for all individuals with access to Ball data, follow best practices to authenticate any users with access, encrypt all proprietary data with Services using ciphers at least as strong as 256-bit AES, utilizes an enterprise-class security information and event management (SIEM) system and maintains firewalls to control access to its networks, patch and secure its networks, conduct vulnerability testing of its networks, maintain anti-malware controls, implement physical safeguards, backup data 24/7 and maintain backups for at least 180 days, destroy, delete, or make unrecoverable proprietary data upon disposal. Suppliers must notify Ball of any breach or suspected breach within 24 hours of knowledge of the same, and take all reasonable efforts to minimize the effect and impact of such breach.
Use of name and logo
Unless Ball has provided prior written consent, a supplier may not use or permit the use of the word “Ball” or any similar word, names, logos, trademarks, trade names, or other marks of Ball Corporation or any of its Affiliates including, but not limited to, in the description of or in the marketing of goods or services provided by supplier, or in any manner advertise or publish the fact that supplier has contracted to furnish goods or services pursuant to any contract or purchase order.
Responsibilities of Ball’s Supplier Quality Team
Ball is committed to ensuring its products are safe, of high quality, and regulatory compliant. The Supplier Quality organization at Ball works with direct materials suppliers to:
- Develop strategic partnerships
- Identify, track, and resolve quality issues
- Assess and qualify key raw material suppliers
- Measure, monitor and communicate supplier performance
- Conduct supplier reviews
Key suppliers of direct materials will be assessed on a regular basis based on the following performance categories:
- Timely resolution of quality issues
- Product performance
- Product reject rate
- Process capability (PpK)
- Delivery and Service
- On-time and in-full
- Supplier trip reports issued
- Claims settlement
Supplier Quality Manual
Ball’s Supplier Quality Manual sets forth Ball’s food safety, quality and regulatory compliance requirements and the process Ball uses to initially qualify and subsequently manage the relationship with its suppliers. Suppliers of metals, food contact chemicals, processing aids and food contact packaging should contact their primary contact in Procurement or Supplier Quality to obtain the latest version of Ball’s Supplier Quality Manual.