Ink that changes color as soon as the ideal drinking temperature is reached
Why use this effect?
- Specialty ink that brings a new level of customer interaction to packages
- Packaging reveals hidden messages in two stages
- A dynamic addition to existing products or a great way to differentiate new products
- Enables products to stand out in the fridge and during consumption
Things to know
- Thermochromic Reveal inks are printing inks which change their color when the can gets cold (stage 1) and again during consumption (stage 2)
- It provides a visual temperature indicator to indicate when the product inside the can is chilled to a designated temperature
- Ink performance begins to deteriorate when exposed to direct sunlight for 6 hours
- The Thermochromic Reveal effect is available on all can sizes
- Elements created using Thermochromic Reveal ink should be placed in the main body of the can
- We recommend design ideas are submitted to ensure the final artwork is feasible*
- Compatible with cold-fill and pasteurization processes up to 82°C but not for retort
- Thermochromic Reveal is currently available in two colors: Blue and Aqua
*For all our design guidelines for this special finish and available colors visit the Ball print guidelines portal
Our special effects inks and finishes can drive demand and ROI – the only limit is your imagination. Better yet, regardless of customization, the aluminium remains recyclable.
Contact our team
Let’s work together on your next campaign and make ‘what if’ a reality for your business with our range of special effect inks and finishes. Contact our team below and see what’s possible!