THE BALL CORP LA RECYCLING SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRANT MUST BE THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE OF RESIDENCE AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. STANDARD MESSAGING/DATA RATES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY APPLY FOR ENTRIES OBTAINED VIA MOBILE PHONE/DEVICE. MOBILE PHONE/DEVICE NOT REQUIRED TO ENTER. DO NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE, BELOW. BY ENTERING THE BALL CORP LA RECYCLING SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE SPONSOR, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS.
1. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY PERIOD: The Ball Corp LA Recycling Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) starts 12:00 a.m. ET Eastern Time (“ET”) on January 1, 2023 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on December 31, 2023 (“Sweepstakes Entry Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States residents and the District of Columbia, who are at least the age of majority in their state of residence as of date of entry. Officers, directors, and employees of Ball Corporation (the “Sponsor”), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., United Entertainment Group Holdings, LLC, and each of their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (all such individuals and entities collectively referred to herein as the “Sponsor and Related Parties”) and their immediate family members (defined as parents, siblings, spouses and children; whether biological, adopted, step or in-law) and/or those living in the same household (whether related or not) of each are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Neither StadcoLA, LLC; The Los Angeles Rams, LLC, nor the Chargers Football Company, LLC are responsible for the collection, submission or processing of entries, the administration of the Sweepstakes or the selection of winners.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate in the Sweepstakes. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes.
a. Recycling Entry. During the Sweepstakes Entry Period, you may enter if you are in attendance at SoFi Stadium (1001 Stadium Dr, Inglewood, CA 90301) by recycling an aluminum product at a Ball reverse vending machine and using your web-enabled mobile device, scanning the Sweepstakes Quick Response (“QR”) code found onscreen at the vending machine to be directed to a Sponsor-selected website to complete the online entry form as prompted to receive one (1) entry (the “Recycling Entry”) into the corresponding monthly random drawing, as described below. All requested information must be included in your Entry to be eligible to win. Proof of submitting an Entry is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by Sponsor of such Entry. You must have a data service plan for your mobile device with your wireless service provider to participate via a QR code. Standard message and data rates may apply.
b. Mail-In Entry. To enter, if you do not wish to recycle an aluminum product at SoFi Stadium, on a plain 3”x5” piece of paper, hand print in ink, your first and last name, full address, date of birth, phone number (including area code), and email address and mail your entry in an envelope with proper first- class postage affixed to: Ball Corp LA Recycling Sweepstakes, 7 Longs Peak Dr, Broomfield, CO 80021 (“Mail-In Entry”). You will receive one (1) Entry into the corresponding monthly random drawing only based on the postmark date on the Mail-In Entry submitted in accordance with these instructions. Mail-In Entries must be postmarked by January 31, 2023 and received by February 7, 2023 to be eligible for the first monthly random drawing. Mail-In Entries must be postmarked by February 28, 2023 and received by March 7, 2023 to be eligible for the second monthly random drawing. Mail-In Entries must be postmarked by March 31, 2023 and received by April 7, 2023 to be eligible for the third monthly random drawing. Mail-In Entries must be postmarked by May 1, 2023 and received by May 8, 2023 to be eligible for the fourth monthly random drawing. Mail-In Entries must be postmarked by May 31, 2023 and received by June 7, 2023 to be eligible for the fifth monthly random drawing. Mail-In Entries must be postmarked by June 30, 2023 and received by July 7, 2023 to be eligible for the sixth monthly random drawing. Mail-In Entries must be postmarked by July 31, 2023 and received by August 7, 2023 to be eligible for the seventh monthly random drawing. Mail-In Entries must be postmarked by August 31, 2023 and received by September 7, 2023 to be eligible for the eighth monthly random drawing. Mail-In Entries must be postmarked by September 30, 2023 and received by October 7, 2023 to be eligible for the ninth monthly random drawing. Mail-In Entries must be postmarked by October 31, 2023 and received by November 7, 2023 to be eligible for the tenth monthly random drawing. Mail-In Entries must be postmarked by November 30, 2023 and received by December 7, 2023 to be eligible for the eleventh monthly random drawing. Mail-In Entries must be postmarked by January 2, 2024 and received by January 9, 2024 to be eligible for the twelfth/final monthly random drawing. All Mail-In Entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due Mail-In Entries, which will be disqualified.
Recycling Entries and Mail-In Entries will be collectively referred to as “Entries.” For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “month” is defined as 12:00 a.m. ET on the first day of each month and 11:59 p.m. ET on the last day of each month. For purposes of the Sweepstakes and these Official Rules, the person submitting the Entry is considered the “Entrant”. Limit one (1) Entry per Entrant per month, regardless of method of Entry. Normal data/Internet access and usage charges imposed by Entrants’ online/phone service will apply.
4. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules, that they are at least the age of majority in their state of residence, eligible to enter and agree to abide by Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and legally binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
5. RANDOM DRAWINGS: At the end of each month, four (4) winners will be selected in separate random drawings on or about the next business day following that month’s Mail-in Entry receive by deadline from among all eligible Entries received for the corresponding month only. The random drawings will be conducted by a Sponsor-selected agency, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the drawings.
6. ODDS: The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries postmarked/received during the corresponding month.
7. PRIZE: There are forty-eight (48) “Prizes” available [four (4) per month], as follows: A $100 Fanatics.com gift card.
Prizes are non-transferable and no cash redemptions substitutions are allowed except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to award a Prize of equal or greater value if featured Prize becomes unavailable. Winners are responsible for all taxes on Prize. No more than advertised number of Prizes will be awarded. The total actual retail value (“ARV”) of all prizes is $4,800.
Fanatics.com gift card terms and conditions apply.
8. GENERAL: Prizes will be awarded only if the potential Prize winners fully comply with these Official Rules. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. All details and other restrictions of the Prize not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winners shall be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, and for any other fees or costs associated with the applicable Prize. If you are a potential winner, you may be notified via email to confirm your mailing address/eligibility and will be required to follow the instructions outlined in the email within twenty-four (24) hours of notification attempt to arrange for Prize fulfillment or Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential winner for any reason. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected.
Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any Prize furnished in connection with the Sweepstakes. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, EACH PRIZE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON- INFRINGEMENT.
All Entrants, as a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and Related Parties, SoFi Stadium, Chargers Football Company, LLC, Hollywood Park Management Company, LLC, The Los Angeles Rams, LLC, the National Football League, NFL Entities (defined below) and each of their respective agencies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, agents, assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting an Entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes, the receipt, ownership or use or misuse of any Prize awarded or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of the Prizes. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in the Sweepstakes or use or misuse or redemption of the Prize. Acceptance of Prize constitutes permission to use winners’ names, likenesses, and Entries for promotional purposes (including any possible public relations opportunities) without further compensation except where prohibited by law. By entering, Entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and agrees to be bound by Sponsor’s decisions regarding the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates these Official Rules; acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Sweepstakes. Entries generated by script or bot are not eligible. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes (each a “Sweepstakes Change”) if no Entries are received or if the Sweepstakes cannot be completed as planned for any reason, including but not limited to an unforeseen event (“Unforeseen Event”) such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or corruption of any sort, or force majeure event (including without limitation epidemic, pandemic, communicable, contagious, or infectious disease or public health quarantine that impacts the anticipated participation in the Sweepstakes). In such event, Sponsor may (a) cancel the Sweepstakes entirely, (b) award the Prizes from eligible Entries received for each month prior to the Unforeseen Event resulting in the Sweepstakes Change if sufficient eligible Entries have been received each month (as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion), or (c) extend the Sweepstakes Entry Period to allow time for more eligible Entries to be received. It is understood that an Unforeseen Event must take place for the Sweepstakes Change to be effectuated by Sponsor and that such Sweepstakes Change is not simply at Sponsor’s option for any reason.
By accepting a Prize, the winner consents to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, taped, filmed or otherwise recorded image, statements and limited biographical information (city and state of residence) for publicity or advertising purposes in all media worldwide, including but not limited to social media, without limitation and without further compensation or notice, except as may be prohibited by applicable law.
9. GOVERNING LAW, JURISDICTION AND VENUE: SPONSOR IS REGISTERED UNDER THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES WITH HEADQUARTERS IN COLORADO. THE COLORADO COURTS (STATE & FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF COLORADO SHALL GOVERN THE SAME. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND HEREBY IRREVOCABLY SUBMITS TO THE VENUE OF THOSE COURTS WITHIN COLORADO.
11. ARBITRATION PROVISION: By participating in this Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees: (i) that any and all disputes the Entrant may have with, or claims Entrant may have against, the Released Parties relating to, arising out of or connected in any way with (a) the Sweepstakes, and/or (b) the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by JAMS and conducted before a sole arbitrator in accordance with the rules of JAMS; (ii) this arbitration agreement is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce, and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16; (iii) the arbitration shall be held in Colorado; (iv) the arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Terms and Conditions and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable participant may have entered into in connection with the Activation; (v) the arbitrator shall apply Colorado law consistent with the FAA and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law; (vi) there shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, arbitration can decide only Entrant’s and/or Sponsor’s individual claims; the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated; (vii) the arbitrator shall not have the power to award punitive damages against the Entrant or Sponsor; (viii) if the Entrant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of Entrant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive; and (x) with the exception of subpart (vi) above, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the rules of JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, subpart (vi) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither Entrant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. For more information on JAMS and/or the rules of JAMS, visit their website at www.jamsadr.com.
12. SEVERABILITY: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
The National Football League, its member professional football clubs, NFL Ventures, Inc., NFL Properties LLC, NFL Enterprises LLC, NFL Productions LLC, and NFL International LLC and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the “NFL Entities”) will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded. The NFL Entities have not offered or sponsored this Sweepstakes in any way. All NFL-related trademarks are the property of the National Football League. All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
13. WINNERS: For the names of the winners, available after January 15, 2024, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope by February 15, 2024, to: The Ball Corp LA Recycling Sweepstakes - Winners, 100 Marcus Drive (Dept. DE), Melville, NY 11747.
14. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Ball Corporation, 9200 W 108th Circle Westminster, CO, 80021.